AP and Transfer Credit

Advanced Placement

If you have taken an AP physics test in high school and submitted the results to Washington University Admissions, your placement in physics will be made according to the current Physics Department AP Policy.

We would like to place each student in the course best suited to his or her ability and previous record. Please contact Dr. Mairin Hynes for questions regarding course placement.

Transfer Credits

Credit for calculus-based introductory physics courses taken at other universities may transfer to Washington University and satisfy course and major requirements for Physics 117/118. Download the following pdf file for details.

Transfer Credit Information for Introductory Physics

Students interested in obtaining transfer credit for other physics courses should contact Dr. Mairin Hynes.